How to celebrate with a Smash Cake Session
What do you think of first when it comes to first birthdays? That’s right CAKE! A smash cake session is a truly memorable way to capture your baby’s first birthday. If you’re looking for a special way to celebrate your little one turning ONE, you’ve come to the right place!
Tips for your child’s smash cake session:
- Choose a theme that is relevant to you or them
- Schedule the session around their nap time
- Bring a change of clothes (and wipes!)
- Bring ideas for the cake and decor for the photographer (This helps to know so I can incorporate things you want and love into your session and make it more personalized.)
Fun things to consider:
- Whether you’ll purchase a cake, whip it up yourself or let me take it off your hands!
- Whether you’ll take care of the decor/props yourself or allow me to take care of all of it for you!
- If you’ll plan the session before their actual birthday (could use the images for invites), on their actual birthday (could capture family and friends on the day of), or after (with the session being more relaxed and knowing if they even like cake! haha!)
- Think about where and how you’ll want to display these precious memories from their smash cake session!
It’s always so fun to see how your little prince or princess will react to having a whole entire cake to themselves. Will they dive in or just take one little taste? Let’s find out together! I’ll bring the cake if needed as well as other decor and props. Just say the word and I am there for it!! :)